Custom templates is what you are working on if you are here to read about this plug-in. One challenge often faced by the WordPress developers is to implement the custom templates in the default categories as well as registered custom post_type categories in one go like page template. On the plug-in dashboard, you get all the post types categories which means; it gives you complete authority to choose for which, post type category you want to use the custom template you have created.
Use this light weight and very well sorted plug-in, which is as easy to use as to install and implement.
Select custom post type category where you need to show the category template.
Select the post type category from the dashboard on which you need to have the option of using custom category template.
Select “default” setting to show category template in your theme for default post type category.
By default category template show in wordpress default post type : ‘post’ category.
- Login into your WordPress admin panel
- Navigate to Plugins => Add New
- Click Upload
- Click Choose File and select the advanced-category-template.zip.
- Click Install Now.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to Dashboard => Advance Category Template and set your general setting.
- To create new custom category Template you need to put the new file in the same directory/folder as your index.php and just need to add comment (Category Template: Your New Category Template Name) in your new category template (please find the same in the screenshots attached) file same as you do for page template.
- Deactivate Advance Category Template in the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- After Deactivation a ‘Delete’ link appears below the plugin name, follow the link and confim with ‘Yes, Delete these files’.
- This will delete all the plugin files from the server as well as erasing all options the plugin has stored in the database.
Write an email us on : email@example.com
Contributors & Developers
“Advanced Category Template” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Advanced Category Template” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- A intial version.