I created this plugin initially because I noticed that some ad-blocking software was blocking more than just my ads, they were also blocking random elements on my site like my image sliders as well. But obviously this will serve the guys who want it just for the purpose of notifying visitors who block ads to stop doing so.
This plugin displays a nice notice to them explaining the situation.
The interface has two options, the okay button will reload the page upon clicking it (hopefully they would have disabled ad-block), the other button will simply close the message box. If the option to stop nagging visitors for the entire duration of their session on your website is set, then upon clicking the decline button, the message will only show again next time they visit your website.
This plugin is easy to install, just do the following.
- Unzip the plugin to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Amend the plugin settings under Settings –> Anti-block
- Does this plugin add to my page load time?
No, this plugin only runs when the footer of the page is loaded, by then all your content would have been loaded already.
- Can I make my the visitor’s screen explode when they block my ads?
Sadly, no 🙁
Contributors & Developers
“Anti-block” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Adblock Plus is getting clever and worked around the method I used to detect them. Had to implement a fix.
- CSS broke and showed “An Advertisment” in WP-admin.
- Fixed a few bugs. Now works in WordPress 4.0
- Bug fix for 1.0.2
- Added the ability to allow your visitor to hide the pop-up message for the rest of their session if you enabled this in the admin settings.
- Added hooks to remove data when plugin is uninstalled.
- This is our first version of the plugin.