Improve your WooCommerce API REST without config.
WooCommerce is a awesome plugin used by 5+ million WordPress websites to create e-commerce.
It’s awesome and we love it but sometimes we need more from API REST.
We support V3.
- Will search for a category/tag by “name” and “slug” (in this order) if “id” is not provided (or empty).
- Will search for attribute ID if it’s not provided (or empty). Check wc_attribute_taxonomy_id_by_name for more details.
In both cases, we will not create a new product attribute, category or tag. You can use the “aifw_api_v1_products_search_for_terms” filter to create it and return the “term_id”.
WooCommerce will keep the attribute for product only if a taxonomy was not found.
How to Use
Easy and quick!
Just activate “API Improver for WooCommerce” and it’s done. No configurations.
You can translate API Improver for WooCommerce to your language.
We would be grateful for a review here.
- WooCommerce – 4.8
(API Version 3 supports 3.5.x or later, but we did not test it)
- Install WooCommerce and activate it.
- Install “API Improver for WooCommerce” by plugins dashboard.
- Upload the entire
api-improver-for-woocommercefolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Does it works for another e-commerce plugin?
Nope. The intention here is to improve WooCommerce API REST.
I want to add my customization to endpoints
For products, you can use the filter “aifw_api_v3_products_request_for_prepare_object_for_database” to change the request.
Is there a way to create categories or attributes?
We will not create new terms but you can use the “aifw_api_v3_products_term_not_found”. Example.
Can I help you?
Yes! Visit GitHub repository.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“API Improver for WooCommerce” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“API Improver for WooCommerce” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “API Improver for WooCommerce” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added the ID key if not provided to allow developers send a pretty payload.
- It’s alive!
- Improved endpoint “/products” to accept category/tag by “name” and “slug” if “id” is not provided.
- Improved endpoint “/products” to search for taxonomies by “name” for attributes if “id” is not provided.