This plugin let you enable or disable automatic updates features in WordPress 3.7+ which is enabled by default. You are able to control automatic core, plugin, themes, translation updates and vcs check. You can set permisson to send you email after any type of core updates.
Since 3.7, a typical WordPress install will now be able to automatically update itself when there is a new minor/security release available without any user input. For example, it will automatically update itself from WordPress 3.7 to 3.7.1. Auto updates are not enabled by default for major releases like 3.7.1 to 3.8. For various reasons, site owners may wish to disable this functionality. This plugin provides an easy way to do so.
- Automatic updates are NOT disabled by default. You have disable from plugin options page.
- Automatic plugin and theme updates are NOT enabled by default ,you can enable these.
DISABLE AUTOMATIC UPDATES OPTIONS
Enable or Disable features
- Automatic Updates ( for all types of updates )
- Automatic Core Updates
- Core development updates, known as the “bleeding edge”
- Minor core updates, such as maintenance and security releases
- Major core release updates
- Automatic Plugin Updates
- Automatic Theme Updates
- Automatic Translation Updates
- VCS Check ( For Developers: To enable automatic updates even if a VCS folder (.git, .hg, .svn etc) was found in the WordPress directory or any of its parent directories )
Enable/Disable sending emails for :
- Successful Updates
- Failed Updates
- Critically Failed Updates
- Update Debug
- Upload the disable-automatic-updates to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory in your WordPress installation
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to (settings->Disable Automatic Updates) and set options as your need!
- Is there an admin interface for this plugin?
Yes. There is an admin interface for this pluign. You are able to set additional options.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Disable Automatic Updates – Enable/Disable core, plugins, themes, translation updates” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Disable Automatic Updates – Enable/Disable core, plugins, themes, translation updates” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
2.1.0 – March 23, 2019
- Update hook names, priority and logic.
- Update plugin options page.
- Added New option page
- Disable all kind of automatic updates
- Control automatic core updates. Ablility to set different level(Development, Minor, Major ) of core update.
- Enable/disable automatic plugin updates.
- Enable/disable automatic theme updates.
- Enable/disable automatic translatoin updates.
- Control vcs check.
- Set permissoin to send mail after any core updates
- Initial release