Live Demo | Upgrade to PRO! | Documentation
Location Weather allows you to display beautiful weather to your WordPress site in a minute without coding skills! The plugin is customizable and developer-friendly.
The weather data is available by OpenWeatherMap. For better performance, you can use your API key from OpenWeatherMap.org. They require a free key to access the data. Get Open Weather Map API Key.
Once you have the API Key, you can save it in the WordPress admin under ‘Settings’ ‘API Settings’. It’s super easy to get an API key and create a clean weather widget quickly.
- Fully responsive & mobile friendly.
- Easy to use – No coding required!
- Display weather for a specific location (city & country name).
- Display multiple weathers on the same page.
- Custom location name (override location name).
- Temperature unit (metric-°C and imperial-°F).
- Pressure unit (Mb).
- Wind speed unit (mph, km/p).
- Set weather widget title and it’s the margin.
- Show/hide date and time format.
- Show/hide weather condition icon.
- Show/hide temperature and it’s scale.
- Show/hide Weather description(conditions).
- Show/hide pressure, wind, etc.
- Show/hide visibility, sunrise, sunset, etc.
- Weather attribution.
- Weather text color, border, border-radius, etc.
- Clean minimal weather background for flat UI design.
- Advanced settings.
- Custom CSS option to override styles.
- Widget ready.
- Fully localized: 45 Languages supported.
- Translatable (includes all .pot files) & RTL ready.
- Supports WordPress multisite!
- Guttenberg compatible.
- Work with page builders like Elementor, Divi, WPBakery, and more.
- Compatible with any theme.
- All major browsers are supported.
- Basic support.
- And many more options.
If you have any questions about working with Location Weather, you can take a look at the online documentation.
FOR FAST SUPPORT, AND BUG REPORTING
We are very responsive to support requests – so if you face a problem or find any bugs, post it in the support, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Ask us either via our Support or WordPress.org
Designed and Developed with Love by ShapedPlugin
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Location Weather
- PHP 5.6 or later
- MySQL 5.6 or later
- WordPress 4.5 or later
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working
AUTOMATIC INSTALLATION (EASIEST WAY)
To do an automatic install of Location Weather, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
In the search field type “Location Weather”. Once you have found it you can install it by simply clicking “Install Now” and then “Activate”.
Uploading in WordPress Dashboard
- Download location-weather.zip
- Navigate to the ‘Add New’ in the plugins dashboard
- Navigate to the ‘Upload’ area
- Select location-weather.zip from your computer
- Click ‘Install Now’
- Activate the plugin in the Plugin dashboard
- Download location-weather.zip
- Extract the location-weather directory to your computer
- Upload the location-weather directory to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin in the Plugin dashboard
You will now see the Post Carousel menu in your WordPress admin panel.
The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to install a WordPress plugin.
Why weather is not loading?
Please make sure you have entered an OpenWeatherMap API key to WordPress admin under ‘Settings’ ‘API Settings’ and save it.
Why should I use my own API Key?
We recommend using your API key from OpenWeatherMap (weather data provider), as it will improve the overall performance of our plugin, due to a better connection with the OpenWeatherMap.org website.
OpenWeatherMap API key is added but the weather is still not loading?
The API key may require a few hours to activate. If you have recently signed up or created the API key, please be patient and try again later.
Contributors & Developers
“Location Weather” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Location Weather” has been translated into 3 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Location Weather” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.3.7 May 25, 2023
- Fix: The background color does not show after downgrading from the pro to free version.
- Fix: The warning found after downgrading from the pro to free version.
1.3.6 Apr 13, 2023
- New: Used transient for reducing open weather API call.
- Fix: The warning of the undefined index which was found on the deletion of the plugin.
- Tested: WordPress 6.2 compatibility.
1.3.5 Mar 02, 2023
- Fix: The CSS of Fontello icons conflict with the Fontello icons of other plugin/theme.
- Fix: The warning in Legacy Widget when no shortcode yet is created.
1.3.4 Jan 13, 2023
- Improved: Plugin security improved.
- Fix: Location time does not change in time.
- Fix: Legacy Shortcode style issue in preview of Gutenberg widget area.
1.3.3 Nov 16, 2022
- New: UTC+13 option added to the Timezone select field.
- Improved: Load dynamic style according to the shortcode on the page.
- Fix: The JS warning on click export of shortcodes on the export page.
- Tested: WordPress 6.1.1 compatibility.
1.3.2 Sept 27, 2022
- Fix: Few deprecated JS warnings on the plugin admin page.
1.3.1 Jul 19, 2022
- New: Live Preview feature.
- Updated: WP CLI check for plugin activation redirect.
- Removed: Console log found in plugin JS file.
1.3.0 May 23, 2022
- New: Elementor Addon.
- New: The export-import feature.
- New: The skipping cache option.
- New: The custom timezone option.
- Updated: The language (.pot) file.
- Fix: Gutenberg block Free to Pro compatibility.
- Fix: Deprecated warning of Gutenberg block.
- Fix: The date translation does not work if the date format is 24.
- Tested: WordPress 6.0 compatibility.
1.2.10 Apr 30, 2022
- New: Gutenberg Block to insert Location Weather shortcode.
- Updated: Add shortcode page has been redesigned.
- Fix: Country code cannot be overridden.
- Fix: Some assets of the backend are not loaded properly when that hosting directory is different.
- Removed: Unused codes from the plugin folder.
1.2.9 Jan 26, 2022
- Tested: WordPress 5.9 compatibility.
1.2.8 Jan 15, 2022
- Fix: Translation issues in a few languages (Spanish/Albanian).
1.2.7 Dec 18, 2021
- Improved: Settings page layout.
1.2.6 Nov 05, 2021
- Improved: Plugin security.
- Improved: Wrong API key error massage.
1.2.5 Jul 31, 2021
- Fix: Unable to fetch city or countries name with two words issue.
1.2.4 Jun 14, 2021
- New: Date & Time format option.
- Fix: Invalid city, country code, and spacing error issue.
1.2.3 Apr 05, 2021
- New: Shortcode onClick copy option.
- New: Language .Pot file included.
- Improved: Help page.
1.2.2 Feb 04, 2021
- Fix: Date and Time issue.
1.2.1 Jan 08, 2021
- Fix: PHP backward compatibility issue.
1.2.0 Jan 06, 2021
- New: Weather for a specific location (city & country name).
- New: Custom location name (override location name).
- New: Temperature unit (imperial-°F).
- New: Pressure unit (Mb).
- New: Wind speed unit (mph, km/p).
- New: Weather widget title and it’s the margin.
- New: Time format.
- New: Show/hide option for weather description(conditions).
- New: Show/hide option for pressure and wind.
- New: Visibility, sunrise, sunset, etc.
- New: Weather attribution.
- New: Widget text color, border, border-radius, etc.
- New: Advanced settings.
- New: Custom CSS option to override styles.
- New: Widget ready with shortcode selection.
- New: 45 Languages supported.
- Improved: Huge improvement of admin settings panel.
1.1.2 Nov 26, 2019
- Fix: WordPress 5.3 compatibility issue.
- Fix: Weather API issue.
- New: API key add option.
- New: Custom CSS option.
- PHP error fixed
- First Release