Sometimes you don’t need (or want) to shut down the entire frontend of the site during maintenance. Unlike the default WordPress maintenance mode, this plugin allows your site to stay running.
- Any non-Administrator will be logged out
- Comments will be closed (disabled) on all posts
This plugin does not interact with, prevent, or override WordPress’s maintenance mode. It’s complementary.
WordPress.org plugin repository: https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/pmc-lockdown/
Image by Chris Randall; some rights reserved. See link for details.
Nothing goes in the plugins directory.
/wp-content/mu-plugins/directory. Simply placing this file activates it. To deactivate it, move it from that location.
The user interface for turning the “Maintenance Lockdown” mode on and off is in the Settings | Privacy section of your site’s adminstration system.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“PMC Lockdown” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “PMC Lockdown” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Updating installation instructions to note settings location. Props convissor
- Adding maintenance message to login screen. Props convissor
- Fixing potential bug, before a user is logged out making sure explicitly that PMC_LOCKDOWN is defined.
- Initial release