A widget to display the last several weeks of Strava activity (mileage) in a
- Unzip the zip file in your plugins directory (usually wp-content/plugins)
- Make sure the simplystrava directory and files are owned by the user your
webserver runs as. (e.g. chown -R www:www simplysrava)
- In WordPress admin go to ‘Plugins’ -> ‘Installed Plugins’ and activate the
Simply Strava plugin
- Go to the Simply Strava settings page and populate your strava number id
and authorization token. You can retrieve those by entering your strava
email address and password and clicking the AutoPopulate ID & Token button.
Don’t forget to save the settings after you’ve autopopulated the id and
- Go to the ‘Appearance’ -> ‘Widgets’ page and drag the Simply Strava widget
into the sidebar of your choice. You will be able to enter a title for the
- Is my strava username and password stored
No. The Simply Strava settings page uses the username and password once to
obtain an access id and token from the strava webservice. The username and
password are not stored by the server, but your browser may save them.
- The graph stopped displaying in the sidebar. What do I do?
The Strava access id and token are suppose to be valid forever, but in some
cases they may time out. If that happens, go back to the settings page and
enter your username and password again and autopoulate a new id and token.
Don’t forget to save the settings after you autopopulate.
- Why do I need to enter my Strava timezone
Strava’s API returns times in your local timezone, but currently there is
no way to identify programatically what that timezone is.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Simply Strava” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Simply Strava” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed DateTimeZone support for PHP 5.2
- Fixed path issue for settings page
- Added settings for timezone and units (imperial vs. metric)
- Fixed maximum scale to improve rendering
- Improved webservice timeout handling
- Initial Release