General plugin information about news API
- This plugin will communicate with Zip.News’ API, fetches articles according the search widget configuration and displaying them when the widget & widget area are enabled with the help of a the news api.
- The plugin will present the articles in a similar design to the website https://Zip.News, customizable by your theme.
- The plugin will cache the results from the news api on your WordPress installation for a configured period
- This plugin can be customized or extended according to the WordPress codex
- This plugin uses a 3rd-party service (Zip.News) for the news api, so you must also comply to Zip.News’ Terms and Conditions
Create an account at Zip.News
Please visit https://zip.news and create an account that we’ll use for the integration with your WordPress installation.
- Open https://zip.news (* screenshot-2)
- Login or create a new account (* screenshot-3)
- Open your user menu and navigate to your Account Details (* screenshot-4)
- On your Account Details page, please take your userID and apiToken (* screenshot-5) that we’ll use to access the news api
- Download the package from Zipnews’s website https://zip.news/wordpress-zipnews.zip or find it at WordPress’s plugin archive at https://wordpress.org/plugins/ (* screenshot-6)
- Install the plugin and activate it (* screenshot-7)
- Open the “Settings” page of the plugin and enter your UserID, ApiToken and configure your news API fetching period (* screenshot-8)
- Navigate to Admin -> Appearance -> Widgets (* screenshot-9)
- Add the Zip.News Widget to your desired widget area
- Configure the widget with your desired search parameters. Please consult the how to search tutorial at https://zip.news/us/howToSearch.html or ping us at https://zip.news/us/about.html in case you need an assistance. (* screenshot-10)
WordPress Developer information
- This plugin will communicate with Zip.News API, fetches articles according the search widget configuration and displaying them when the widget & widget area are enabled. More info on the news api please visit https://zip.news
- The plugin will cache the results on your WordPress installation for the configured period
- If a custom design is needed, please check the template at
./templates/related-articles.php. You can override it by putting a template at
- There’re numerous filters used to customize the presentation:
widget_title– this is an original WordPress filter that’s used to hook up during widget title calculation
znaw_article_href– filter the URL of each article
znaw_article_title– filter the title of each article
znaw_article_text– filter the text of each article
znaw_excerpt_length– the length of the excerpt text
znaw_excerpt_more– the symbol for the “read more” if the excerpt has to be truncated
znaw_the_content– filter the excerpt text of the article
Why do I you have 2 separate configuration pages
The plugin settings page is designed to configure your news API access to zip.news, while the widget instance configuration is related to the search query and results the widgets will display.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Zip.News API” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Zip.News API” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed Widgets Gutenberg screen
- Updated supported version
- Updated plugin description and howto
- Updated readme.txt with more screenshots
- First release to the global WordPress plugin repository
- Initial release
- Global API access configuration
- Configure search query per widget instance